By everyone owning safety we can create a business that achieves long term results.
Keeping everyone safe everyday is a key focus at Lion. No matter where our people are based, everyone who works with us should know our basic expectations when it comes to safety. Because it’s our people that makes us great.
Our Safety Essentials define what’s non-negotiable when it comes to safety. They are aligned to our high risk areas and focus on areas where our people have been injured. They help our people make safe decisions, and help to keep everyone safe everyday.
To underscore and strengthen our safety and wellbeing commitments, contractors working for Lion must register and maintain their compliance in an online Contractor Safety Management System.
The system is managed on our behalf by Pegasus, workforce management software and safety experts.
HOW DOES THE SYSTEM WORK?
Contractors will register both their business and workers in the Lion Contractor Safety System.
The process is logical and simple and is all completed in an online portal. We divide the process into two stages to make it as seamless as possible: 1. business registration, and 2. worker registration. The entire process is detailed on the How to Register page. Here are the basic steps:
Create a profile
Register your business
Upload business insurances and documents for verification
Register your workers
Upload worker competencies and licences for verification
Workers complete required training
Everything you enter and upload is verified by Pegasus safety specialists. The Contractor Safety System guides you to reach and maintain compliance to work for Lion.
WHO NEEDS TO REGISTER?
Lion New Zealand Sites
- Wither Hills
- Lion Liquor Retail
- Little Creatures
- The Pride
Lion Australia Sites
- Castlemaine Brewery and Hospitality Venue
- Little Creatures Geelong and Hospitality Venue
- Little Creatures Fremantle and Hospitality Venue
- Malt Shovel
- Become part of Lion’s list of contractors for the future
- Build a stronger partnership with Lion
- Enjoy high-quality work opportunities as you can prove you are fit to work
- Use the simple, intuitive online interface to manage your profile any time
- Lion safety expectations consistently set
- Have all inductions and training completed prior to coming to work
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They manage the Contractor Safety System on behalf of Lion.
Forged in deep industrial expertise, our software was first developed in 1998 to keep Australian workers safe on site. It has since expanded to become a worldwide solution.
Our commitment to workplace safety was as uncompromising then as it is now. The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract